With the recent fuss over Charlie Hunnam quitting the move adaption of 50 Shades of Grey, I’ve been thinking about movie adaptions of books.
Today, I thought I’d share my top five romantic movies based on books.
1. The Princess Bride: A classic fairy tale with swordplay, an evil prince, a beautiful princess, giants and a pirate. This is a lovely fantasy adventure romantic comedy suitable for the whole family.
2. Out of Sight: This is a romantic crime drama about a career bank robber who breaks out of jail and falls in love with the US Marshall he kidnaps. Well, this movie has George Clooney in it. Need I say more? Jennifer Lopez isn’t half bad either.
3. Romancing The Stone: This action adventure romance is about a romance writer who goes to Colombia to ransom her kidnapped sister, only to get in a little over her head. Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner are great in this as is the brilliant Danny DeVito.
4. Nine 1/2 Weeks: An erotic story about a woman, the assistant of an art gallery, who gets involved in an impersonal affair with a man. She barely knows about his life, only about the sex games they play, so the relationship begins to get complicated. We get to see a lovely Kim Basinger and an even handsome Mickey Rourke before the disaster of plastic surgery.
5. The English Patient: At the close of WWII, a young nurse tends to a badly-burned plane crash victim. His past is shown in flashbacks, revealing an involvement in a fateful love affair.
So what are your favourite movies that were adapted from books? Leave me a comment. I love to read them. Have a great week. Kiru xx