Top 10 for The Gathering by Jacey Holbrand
Because The Gathering starts off in a futuristic Las Vegas, NV setting, I wanted to share some interesting factoids about the area that tie into the story.
10. 1946: The Pink Flamingo opens, built by notorious mobster Bugsy Siegel. It is the first luxury hotel on the Strip, It would become The Fabulous Flamingo in 1947, The Flamingo Hilton in 1974, and Flamingo Las Vegas in 1999.1
9. Nevada State Route 375 is also known as Extraterrestrial Highway. The highway was given the name in 1996. 2
8. Along the Extraterrestrial Highway you’ll find the Black Mailbox (though now it’s actually white). It’s a locked box that’s protected by a quarter-inch-thick bulletproof metal, located along Tikaboo Valley off a dirt road (which leads to the restricted Area 51). Allegedly, there are between two to three UFO sightings here a week!3
7. If you get hungry or need a place to sleep for the night, pull over to the Little A’le’inn, a bar, restaurant and motel. Here you can order the “Alien burger” and learn about Area 51. 3
6. Lake Mead – The massive body of water was created in 1936 after the construction of the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River. 4
5. Lake Mead hasn’t been officially full—1,221 feet above sea level—since 1983.4
4. This year (2014), thanks to a wetland rehabilitation project in Mexico, the Colorado briefly reached the Sea of Cortez again for the first time since the El Niño floods of 1998. Before humans started tampering with building massive dams on the Colorado, it did so every year. 4
3. A decade ago, Lake Mead was home to nine boat launch ramps and six marinas. Six ramps and three marinas remain open today.5
2. People used to come to Las Vegas to watch the nuclear testing that happened outside of the city limits. The National Atomic Testing Museum is in Las Vegas.6
1. Although most people are completely unaware of its existence, the UFO-Nukes Connection is now remarkably well-documented. U.S. Air Force, FBI, and CIA files declassified via the Freedom of Information Act establish a convincing, ongoing pattern of UFO activity at American nuclear weapons sites extending back to December 1948.7
Publisher – Evernight Publishing
Series – The Glorious Guild of Lady Windsurfer, 1
Genre – Alternative (MM)/Gay, Futuristic, Sci-Fi, Erotic Romance, Steampunk
Heat Level – 3
Word Count – 35, 510
ISBN – 978-1-77233-049-6
Editor – Karyn White
Cover Artist – Sour Cherry Designs
Add to Goodreads TBR
The year is 2112, and the world has changed…
Jake Landry is interested in having some fun. He’s in Las Vegas, newly single and just off his most recent tour of duty. In Vegas he has met up with his old friend Nicola Goodheart, a scientist and inventor who studies portals, other worlds, and strange beings. Jake has also met and become enamored with Alexander, a gorgeous man with violet eyes. Jake goes with Nic on a portal finding mission, and they all end up in Alexander’s alien world.
Recruiter Alexander Bloodworth is interested in Jake for himself and in Nicola for placement in a pleasure house on his home planet of Aurath. When he hears word one of his people’s enemies are after Nicola and Jake, he goes to save them both, even at the peril of losing his job.
Will they risk their hopes and dreams—Alexander and Jake for a chance at love and Nicola for her career—or will they falter and lose everything anyway?
Be Warned: m/m sex
“Sounds acceptable to me.” Alexander captured Jake’s mouth in another kiss and the only time he stopped kissing him was to pull Jake’s shirt over his head.
They mimicked each other’s touches—running their hands up each other’s smooth chests, tracing the dips and curves of their muscles, enticing nipples. When Alexander latched onto one of Jake’s hard nubs, Jake sucked in a stream of air. Alexander’s lips on his body were like heaven and hell. Heaven because their silky touch sent delightful vibes through him, and hell because whenever Alexander trailed down toward his pulsing cock, he didn’t take it in his mouth or lick or kiss it.
“Come on, Alexander. Quit teasing me.”
“What do you want me to do? I want to hear it. Tell me.”
Alexander’s rumbling commands sent more heat racing through Jake’s veins and down into his cock. Jake didn’t know his dick could get harder than it already was, but it had. He gazed straight into the alien’s stormy purple eyes. “I want you, Alexander. I want you to take me in that beautiful mouth of yours. I want you to suck me dry.”
The alien rose from the couch and towered over Jake before he dropped to his knees in front of him. Alexander reached out and grabbed the top of Jake’s pants, then yanked them down and off his body. Jake’s cock stood, bobbing to and fro as he resettled on the couch.
“Spread your legs, Jake.”
He did as Alexander demanded, then stared down upon the alien who positioned himself between his thighs and stroked, licked, and kissed his cock and balls. Jake tilted his head back, loving the way Alexander took command of his body, his senses. All the colorful twentieth and other centuries’ artifacts fell from sight. The metallic fragrance of the ship disappeared, replaced by Alexander’s heady musk and leather scent. Slurping and sucking sounds along with Jake’s panting breaths and occasional ahs and fuck yeahs filled the room. Jake closed his eyes to savor the exquisite feel of Alexander’s moist and warm mouth on his length.
“God, Alexander. You’re incredible.” Jake breathed heavily, realizing he truly believed what he’d said. Alexander was wonderful and not just in a sexual capacity. The alien had a caring and compassionate way about him that Jake rarely saw any more in anyone.
Alexander licked his way off his cock, grasped it in a semiclosed fist and pumped his hand as he stared at him. “You like, yes? You have a nice dick for an Earthman.”
“Have you seen many?” Jake wanted to be jealous, but it was hard with Alexander’s soft fondling of his penis.
“I have viewed my share. I am glad I waited to bring someone home until I met you.”
Jacey Holbrand believes love comes in all forms and should be celebrated. She’s committed to her muse and writing so she can share those kinds of stories with readers. Hot days. Sexy nights. Come play in her world.
Jacey loves to hear from readers! eMail her: JaceyHolbrand @gmail.com